- GrainChain is a data company that uses automation and digitization to solve problems for all participants at each stage of the global agricultural supply chain.
- Our suite of products improve the transparency, efficiency and reliability of commodity data.
- Our company is focused on the direct and broader impacts of our software ecosystem.
At GrainChain, we’re focused on implementing real world solutions that create a positive impact on both people’s lives and the environment.
Our blockchain-enabled platform provides complete traceability from seed to market, based on secure, reliable data collected automatically and digitally at each stage of the supply chain. We are currently operating in 4 countries, reaching thousands of participants and have processed over 22.5 billion pounds of commodities so far. We have worked with more than 24 different commodities.
On the most basic level, GrainChain is making an impact on producers, buyers, storage operators, drivers, lenders, insurers and more by improving the transparency, traceability, efficiency and reliability of data as commodities move through the supply chain. Producers and drivers get paid more quickly, lenders get paid back first upon delivery, and buyers get immediate tradable title to the commodity.
Yet there’s a bigger picture beyond the most direct positive impacts on supply chain participants, and that continues to be an area of focus and growth for us:
- Banking the Unbanked — GrainChain can provide digital, virtual wallets to producers that often don’t have traditional bank accounts. This can even be done directly through our platform.
- Financial Inclusion — In addition to virtual wallets, lenders have access to real-time data on commodities and transactions, lowering their risk and allowing them to offer producers more financing options at better rates. In turn, these producers have access to the liquidity they need to run their farms each season without falling into a cycle of debt. It also gives them the flexibility to grow and expand their operations.
- Sustainability — In Central America, we are working with a large scale palm oil conglomerate to keep oil produced in unsustainable ways out of the market by enhancing the traceability of sustainably sourced palm oil. Since this region has the biggest potential for growth in a rapidly expanding market, we are making it easier to regulate these markets and incentivizing sustainability.
- The Power of Data — Our work involves agtech, fintech and innovative software, but ultimately we are a data company that captures, aggregates and unlocks the power of data for all the participants along the agricultural supply chain. Predictive analytics based on historical data, market trends and current conditions are only going to get more and more beneficial for producers and other stakeholders, especially with the possibility of integrating AI.
In conclusion, GrainChain has emerged as a transformative force in the global agricultural supply chain, transcending the conventional boundaries of agtech, fintech, blockchain technology and data. Join us as we continue to sow the seeds of innovation, cultivating a landscape where every participant in the agricultural journey reaps the benefits of a brighter, greener tomorrow.
Learn more about our revolutionary work at grainchain.com.